Lodge Argyle No. 164
Explore our history, our Honour Roll, our tartan, our Masters and everything Argyle.
Rt. Wor. Bro. K.W. Jackson
A 33o Freemason, Keith was initiated in April 1971, and in an illustrious Masonic career, that includes Royal Arch, Scottish Rite, and Knights Templar, has been Master of Helidon, Mitchell and Argyle Lodges. He was elevated by Grand Lodge to PJGW in 2007. Growing up and farming in the Lockyer, Keith has also served the community through Apex, as a JP, and on many representative committees and trusteeships.
On the evening of Monday July 30th 1906, the Right Worshipful Grand Master of Scottish Freemasons in Queensland, Thomas Mylne, chaired a meeting with local freemasons that passed the motion “to establish a Masonic Lodge at Forest Hill, under the Grand Lodge of Scotland.
Issued Warrant No. 1016, Lodge Argyle met regularly at the Presbyterian Church in Forest Hill, before later building the Masonic Centre in Victoria Street. In 1920, Lodge Argyle joined the Queensland Grand Lodge (Warrant No. 115), which was subsequently merged with the Grand Lodge of Queensland in 1921 to form the United Grand Lodge of Queensland (with Warrant No. 164).
Using the Campbell of Argyll tartan until it became unobtainable in 1936, the Lodge now uses the McKenzie tartan on all aprons, collars and gauntlets, and the Ancient McKenzie tartan for our bow ties and the piper's kilts. Celebrating its centenary in 2006, Lodge Argyle has been a mainstay of the Forest Hill community, boasting over 240 members since its inception.
Argyle Lodge No. 164 - A brief history
For a more complete history of Lodge Argyle, click the button below.
Brethren from Lodge Argyle have answered our nation's call to arms in every war since federation.
We commemorate the brethren of Argyle who have paid the supreme sacrifice for our freedom, and recognise those who have served our Nation proudly.
For a complete list of our Past Masters, and the year/s of their service as the Worshipful Master to Lodge Argyle, click the button below.